Christmas checklists are helpful. To-do list, shopping list, and grocery list! We need many lists and check them all twice.
Do you make lists? I feel like I need a list of all my lists just to keep up during the holidays! Hopefully, this post will be helpful in getting organized as Christmas quickly approaches.
***Disclosure -Some links in this post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you)if you make a purchase after clicking on a link. To view full disclosure click the Privacy/Policy tab at the top of the page. ***
Making Those Christmas Checklists
One holiday seems to quickly run into the next one. Each year time feels as if it passes quickly and we don’t even get finished with Halloween before we plan Thanksgiving.
Same with Christmas! We haven’t even prepared or sat down to Thanksgiving dinner and we are already planning Christmas and putting up the tree.
How Soon is too Soon?
Thanksgiving is next week, so I personally can finally feel a little more comfortable with starting on my Christmas lists. I am now as prepared as I’m going to get for Thanksgiving, so at least I can start jotting things down and thinking about Christmas.
Procrastination? Not this time, although I am a procrastinator about a lot of things. But when it comes to holidays I like to just try and slow each one down as much as possible.
Each holiday needs to stay in their own lane and their own month as far as I’m concerned!
Why Lists Are Helpful
Christmas checklists are helpful simply because it’s a way for us not to forget things. Especially when traveling to family’s homes for the holidays.
Shopping for gifts and groceries are two lists. Then if you are traveling you have to make travel plans plus packing. Just thinking about all these to-do lists raises my anxiety.
Organizing my lists
Luckily I do not have to travel for holidays with my family. All of my family live within an hour’s drive from each other. So I don’t have to worry about packing/travel lists.
First I decide which foods I’m preparing for the holiday meal. Then I gather my recipes for those foods and make my grocery list. Now that is done, I put that list in a safe place until I’m ready to do the holiday grocery shopping.
Second I make a general shopping list. This list will include batteries of several sizes. Always need batteries for the grandchildren’s gifts. Do not want to risk not having batteries! This list also includes aluminum cake pans, trash bags, plastic cups, and paper plates. Stocking stuffer ideas go on this list also. This list stays where I can add to it as needed.
Christmas Gift Checklist
Buying gifts is the fun part. I love trying to find that special gift that each person really wants. Something specific that each grandchild asked for or finding something that I know will make their eyes twinkle with excitement.
Normally I enjoy searching through Amazon looking for those unique gifts. Never fails that I find some great deals! Below are somethings I’ve found this year that are great for kids between ages 4-10. (The age range of my grandchildren)
12 different building robots that can move on land or water for your child to build, two levels as to complexity, starting from entry-level for the younger child to advanced level for the older child to challenge their manipulative skills. This is a great way for your child to get started in robotics toy.
Light-up Terrarium Kit for Kids
WHAT IS A TERRARIUM? It is a miniature garden within a container that simulates a natural environment. So, let your child discover the beauty of nature by creating their own beautiful terrarium with this all-inclusive kit.
Hot Dots Jr. Phonics Fun! Set with Ace Pen
- Add some fun to phonics practice with this colorful, interactive Hot Dots Jr. set and Ace—the Talking, Teaching Dog pen.
- Includes 160 lessons on 80 double-sided activity cards and Ace—the Talking, Teaching Dog pen.
- For ages 4+
Advanced Play Fire Truck Toy Remote Control
- TOY FIRE TRUCK FOR KIDS WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS pretend and play real fire rescue
- HELP THE FIREFIGHTER BATTLE THE BLAZE extending ladder can rotate 360 degrees move the fire ladder truck into position extend the ladder and hit the blaze your little fireman will be the hero
- Ages 3+
LEGO Friends Mia’s Horse Trailer
- Kids can build LEGO Friends Mia’s toy ATV & trailer using the easy-to-follow instructions, They’ll get to create their own woodland adventures by having Mia and Emma ride horseback or helping the toy horse into its ATV
- This miniature toy for kids includes Mia and Emma mini-dolls, plus a rabbit and horse figure, It also includes a toy ATV, trailer, and box with LEGO Friends horse accessories, grooming kit and a forest scene for the toy rabbit
- This set includes realistic features so kids can imagine what it’s like to own a horse–perfect for boys and girls 6+, The toy horse trailer has a tailgate so the horse figure can walk into it up a ramp
Simply click the box below to search for what your loved ones are wanting this year!
Thanks for reading!
I hope you are getting those Christmas checklists ready and checking them carefully!
Until next time,